April 11, 2009

A new postcard

Yesterday I received a postcard from Finland. It was written in Swedish. (Actually I received 2 postcards. Another one was from the UK.) And I understand it quite well without dictionary. I did not understand one word, but I guessed that it is "texts of the songs" and I was right. Of course, it is not a big deal to understand written Swedish if you know English and some basic Swedish grammar and pronunciation (it really helps, because some words sounds a little bit like English ones, but have a completely different written form). But anyway I was happy and proud :) The last time when I listened Swedish at my mp3-player was on a plane to Vladivostok! October, 5... I will definitely restore my Swedish learning as soon as I separate English and Japanese in my mind :) I still think that it is the most beautiful language I ever heard.

No comments:

Post a Comment